Friday, May 04, 2007

Ambition and Potential

Mystery and Style talks about this a lot. One thing a guy should demonstrate is having ambition and potential. According to them, girls are like talent scouts. They look for guys who have potential and ambition and invest in them.

I'm coming from a Juggler background and for the longest time, I flat out rejected this idea. Why should I demonstrate I have those abilities. Demonstrating anything to a girl makes you come from the frame of you being low value. So whenever it came time to demonstrate a higher value, I always tried to disqualify myself but not anymore.

Yesterday I realized that not showing ambition and potential to a girl in a subtle way will make her loose attraction towards me. I'm actually glad it happened because I didn't really like her that much in the first place. The more I told her what a slacker I was at work, the more I turned off her attraction switches. It was interesting to see and from now on, when she asks what I do, I'll answer the question and show her that I have ambition and talent. This totally goes against what I believe because I hate to show people I have stuff but this will totally help me with HB8s and HB9s, so I'll do it. Of course I will not see it as DHVing. I'll see it as me being ambitious and wanting to quit my job because I'm looking for better opportunities, which is actually the truth.

No comments: